Here are some resources you can use to help spread the word about ranked choice voting (RCV) to encourage your friends to vote Yes On 1 on November 5th (or October 26th if you’re voting early)!
Make sure to follow @rankthevotenyc and tag us on your RCV posts so that we can like, share, and comment.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RankTheVoteNYC/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RankTheVoteNYC
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rankthevotenyc/
- Website Link: https://rankthevotenyc.org/
- Hashtags: #YesOn1, #RanktheVoteNYC, #RankedChoiceVoting
Spread the word on social media by using these suggested posts. Feel free to edit to add your voice!
- Mark your calendars: New Yorkers have a chance to reform our outdated voting system by voting #YesOn1 on November 5th (or beginning October 26th if you’re voting early) to bring #RankedChoiceVoting to NYC.
Important Dates Coming Up:
10/26 → Early voting begins
10/29 → Last day to postmark application for absentee ballot
11/3 → Last day of early voting
11/4 → Last day to apply for an in-person absentee ballot
11/5 → Election Day to vote #YesOn1!
- Let’s @rankthevotenyc! Like many New Yorkers, we’re planning on voting #YesOn1 to reform our outdated voting system by replacing it with one that empowers voters, saves time and money, and ensures that candidates are bringing their best to all communities: https://rankthevotenyc.org/ #RankedChoiceVoting.
- Thinking about voting #YesOn1? You’re in good company. Plenty of organizations, elected officials, and leaders are endorsing our campaign to bring #RankedChoiceVoting to NYC! Let’s @rankthevotenyc and bring a more democratic and more fair electoral system to our city: https://rankthevotenyc.org/
- If we had #RankedChoiceVoting NYC, it would go into effect in primary and special elections by 2021. Help improve our outdated voting system, by voting #YesOn1 on Nov. 5, or beginning Oct. 26 if you’re voting early! Head over to @rankthevotenyc to learn more.
- We’re one of many organizations that support @rankthevotenyc. Our city needs to improve its electoral system and vote #YesOn1 on Election Day. Yes on 1 will:
✅produce majority winners
✅mean candidates will have to pay attention to every community
✅save taxpayers time and money
Head over to @rankthevotenyc to learn more about why we need to change how elections are run and won.
- We’re voting #YesOn1 to bring #RankedChoiceVoting to NYC on November 5. What’s RCV? Well, instead of voting for just 1 candidate, voters can rank their top 5 candidates in our local primary and special elections. If voters still want to vote for just one candidate, they can. Follow our friends at @rankthevotenyc to learn more.
Use these graphics to share on social media to spread the word about YES ON 1.
Facebook & Instagram
Use these template emails to get the word out about Yes On 1 to your email list.
Use these PDFs to share the facts about RCV.